- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed.
- Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and the dust from drilling.
- Place the anchor in the fixture, and drive it into the hole until the washer and nut are tight against the fixture.
- Tighten to required installation torque.
Oversized holes will make it difficult to set the anchor and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
- Factory Mutual 3017082, 3026805, 3029959, and 3043442, 3/8″–3/4″ dia.
- Underwriters Laboratories File Ex3605, 3/8″–3/4″ dia.
- Meets requirements of Federal Specifications A-A-1922A.