A wedge-type expansion anchor designed for optimal performance in cracked and uncracked concrete as well as uncracked masonry. The Strong-Bolt® 2 is available in carbon steel (1/4″ through 1″ diameter), Type 304 (1/4″ diameter only) and Type 316 stainless steel (1/4″ through 3/4″ diameter).
- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified minimum hole depth, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and dust from drilling.
- Assemble the anchor with nut and washer so the top of the nut is flush with the top of the anchor. Place the anchor in the fixture, and drive it into the hole until the washer and nut are tight against the fixture.
- Tighten to the required installation torque.
- Do not use an impact wrench to set or tighten the Strong-Bolt 2 anchor.
- Oversized holes in the base material will make it difficult to set the anchor and will reduce the anchor’s load capacity.