- Drill a hole in the base material using a carbide drill bit the same diameter as the nominal diameter of the anchor to be installed. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus minimum hole depth overall (see table below right) to allow the thread tapping dust to settle, and blow it clean using compressed air. (Overhead installations need not be blown clean.) Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and the dust from drilling and tapping.
- Insert the anchor through the fixture and into the hole.
- Tighten the anchor into the base material until the hex-washer head contacts the fixture.
- Holes in metal fixtures to be mounted should match the diameter specified in the Installation Information table. Use a Titen HD® screw anchor one time only — installing the anchor multiple times may result in excessive thread wear and reduce load capacity.
- Do not use impact wrenches to install into hollow CMU.
- Oversized holes in base material will reduce or eliminate the mechanical interlock of the threads with the base material and reduce the anchor’s load capacity.
- Mechanical galvanizing meets ASTM B695, Class 65, Type 1. Intended for some pressure-treated wood sill plate applications. Not for use in other corrosive or outdoor environments. See Technical Notes for corrosion information.