During the winter, working outside at a jobsite can be tough due to cold and snowy winter conditions. It is extremely important for workers to wear the right gear so they can stay safe and warm during the winter season.
The Benefits of High Visibility Winter Work Gear
Choosing the correct clothing is extremely important for staying safe on the job. Wearing high visibility winter gear allows workers to be seen and prevents accidents.
- High visibility apparel helps workers be seen during whiteout conditions where visibility is incredibly low
- When the sun sets early during the winter, workers can be seen on the site even when the sun isn’t out
- High-vis jackets keep workers warm in the freezing temperatures
Workers should choose to wear hi-vis jackets that are bright in color and have reflective piping allows them to stand out from their environment and helps those nearby see the worker.
Hi-Vis Winter Apparel from SSU
Safety Supplies Unlimited sells hi-vis winter clothing to keep your workers safe. Some of the high-vis winter gear we have includes:
- 2-in-1 Multi-Layer Hooded Parka Class 3: This jacket comes is the color hi-vis lime and it is weatherproof with a detachable hood and a zip out inner fleece lining.
- Helly Hansen Chelsea Lined Jacket: This jacket is both warm and comfortable. It has reflective details that allow workers to be seen on dark winter days.
- Fleece Ski Mask: This fleece baclava has a reflective accent for high visibility and it keeps your head and face warm during cold weather.
- Class 3 New Onyx Heavy Weight Sweatshirt W/ Dupont Fabric Protect: This sweatshirt is great for cooler weather and comes in the colors black and lime. It has reflective tape for high visibility and a black mesh lining for extra warmth.
- Pyramex Quilted Hooded Bomber Class 3: This hi-vis winter jacket has a weatherproof polyester shell with a quilted lining. It comes in the colors lime and orange.
Shop our selection of high visibility winter clothing online or at one of our store locations in Bayonne, NJ, Long Island City, NY, and Bronx, NY.